Many of our members have approached the Committee with difficulties in accessing the Basingstoke & Deane Borough Councils planning application portal and in particular in finding details relating to ‘Watermill Bridge’. We have also received many questions in relation to methods of objection and which medium can be used to object, or which method may be more effective.
To view the NEW planning application, search for 23/01767/OUT.
Here is the link to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Planning Portal: CLICK HERE
PUBLIC OBJECTIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 28TH AUGUST 2023.
SUBMIT OBJECTION VIA COUNCILS WEBSITE | If you are able to access the portal, find the application, and you wish to make a comment online, then please follows this clear guideline:
- click on the ‘COMMENTS’ tab along the top column
- click on ‘MAKE A COMMENT’
- If you are already registered with Basingstoke and Deane planning portal, you have to log in with your log in credentials. If, like many of our members, you are using this portal for the first time, you must first REGISTER to gain access.
- If registering as a new user, follow the on screen instructions which will create a username (email address) and password. You will receive a validating email which can take a while to arrive in your inbox.
- Once registered you will be able to log in with your details and make the objection online. Make sure you state that your comment is an OBJECTION.
Our guide to the easiest method to submit your objection
BY EMAIL | Emailing is the easiest and most accurate method of submitting your objection. You can send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We would suggest the ‘planning.comments’ address is the preferred email address but we have been given both by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
When emailing an objection you must make it very clear that you are objecting and you must have the following subject line to your email; “OBJECTION TO APPLICATION 23/01767/OUT“
Below we have prepared a link which will automatically open a new email message through your email client with the correct subject line and ready to send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***CLICK HERE TO EMAIL YOUR OBJECTION***
Within the email body you MUST include your name and address and contact details. Only your name and address will be published by BDBC in their online planning portal.
BY POST | You are able to send objection letters by post. Due to COVID-19 the council to state on their website that they discourage this method but of course it is still available if you wish.
The Chief Planning Officer
Basingstoke, RG21 4AH